New claims of Downing Street parties on the night before Prince Philip’s funeral

Fresh claims have emerged that two parties were held in Downing Street the night before Queen Elizabeth sat alone at her husband Prince Philip’s funeral.

The event is said to have taken place on the evening of April 16 last year during a period of public mourning when coronavirus restrictions were in force.

At the time, England was in phase two of the government’s road map out of lockdown, which limited socializing to groups of six people or two outside homes.

Wire The advisory and civil servants gathered on Friday night after working for two separate events.

The newspaper said they were to mark the departure of Boris Johnson’s former director of communications, James Slack, and one of his personal photographers.

Item Mr Johnson was not in Downing Street that day, citing a No 10 spokesman. He is said to have been at his rural retreat checkers.

The newspaper reported accounts of witnesses who said that alcohol was consumed and that the guests danced to the music.

The two events are said to have started separately and later merged.

Mr Slack delivers farewell speech after finishing work, joined by some colleagues via video link Wire Reported.

It is alleged that the liquor was opened and later the group went to Downing Street Garden.

The second meeting, for Mr. Johnson’s personal photographer, took place in the No. 10 basement.

The group also later moved to the garden, the newspaper said, and the parties merged. The festivities are said to have continued till the early hours of the morning.

Wire It is reported that about 30 people jointly participated in both the programmes.

At the time, government guidance stated: “You should not socialize indoors except in your home or support bubble.

“You can meet outside, including in the gardens, in groups of six people or two houses.”

A Downing Street spokesman said of Mr Slack’s incident: “On his last day he gave a farewell speech thanking each team for the work they had done for their support, both those who were in the office for work and Had to be on screen. Those who are working from home.”

The spokesman did not comment further on allegations that the farewell gathering was organized by Mr Johnson’s personal photographer.

The Queen’s husband Prince Philip, 74, died last April at the age of 99 and his funeral was held during the pandemic and within the confines of Windsor Castle to comply with coronavirus restrictions.

The emperor sat alone in a face mask, socially distanced from his loved ones.

Earlier, police said they would not investigate the alleged lockdown parties in Downing Street while an internal investigation was underway.

London’s Metropolitan Force said it was its policy not to “normally investigate” violations of lockdown rules after it was alleged to have happened “for a long time”.

It said it was in regular contact with the Cabinet Office to investigate the alleged lockdown parties at No. 10 and would consider any evidence of possible criminal behavior in the investigation.

Senior civil servant Sue Gray is investigating a series of alleged lockdown-violating incidents and is not expected to report until at least next week.

Mr Johnson apologized on Wednesday for attending a party in Downing Street Gardens in May 2020.

Yesterday, he pulled out of a visit to a vaccination center in Lancashire, where he would have faced questions from the media about his actions.

He said a family member had tested positive for coronavirus.